Saturday 1 October 2016

9JA @ 56

THE BREAK OF A NEW DAWN


Mother used to say these words to me whenever we converse.
'I will protect you. I allowed you to come into being, and have a place of abode. So I can't let you wander aimlessly.'

Mother has so many burdens upon her. Though, she looks battered and troubled on the outside, she's really strong and confident. Her neighbours call her 'the Giant'.

Mother has been exploited in her Ignorance. Her children and treasures had been looted by those men who had clothes on their body, when we only had animal skin. They came by midnight, and by morning. As fast as the wind can go, they took all we had.

Mother never gave up. I remember some of her children who had fought on her behalf. Now I hear the sound of many waters as mother dances in Joy remembering how she still fights till dawn. Fighting her fears, facing her trials of faith and winning her tears by night. She has refused to die, because by prophecy, she can't die.

My motherland: Nigeria.
My home of pride.
The Great Giant of Africa.
I hail thee.
Keep striving and keep Living Long.

Happy Independence, Mother.

BY:
Jewel.
____________________________________________________________________


Oli Precious Ngozika, who goes by the pen name ‘Jewel’, is a motivational speaker, creative writer, book researcher, and novelist. Founder and Director, Women on the Frontline – an NGO bent on empowering women, for a greater society. She is a strong pillar of Creative Crew Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment