Saturday 1 October 2016

9JA @ 56

I KNOW THAT WOMAN


Through thick and alleys,
I've sought for water to the valleys.
None can help my thirsty stream.
No! Not eve the oceanic sea.

But I know a woman!
Whose water quenched my moans.
Whose silky wear glow like the stars.
A woman with a loyalty loyal.

But I know of a woman.
She reached menopause – like 35,
– She still bears kids so bright,
Without cowardice they fight with fright.

I know that woman.
Who has the milk of life.
Who all kids cling to dine.
That's why I'm a Nigerian.

BY:
Philip Peace.
____________________________________________________________________________

Akinwale Peace (aka Philip Peace) is a creative writer, and poet. His words are to kill minds and heal minds on how your conscience pricks his reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment