Saturday 1 October 2016

9JA @ 56

THE TOMB WHERE I LAY


I died, we all died.
In one tomb; or the other tomb.
Death remaineth the same.

I lay on my tomb without my feet, or my tummy filled.
On me are bounds, ropes of restriction and governance.
The bounds that brought me down in that I died.

They said a ghost passed by, dressed in an amour guard.
They said it is going to break the door, the wooden door with dust.
That in our tomb we may no more rust for this tomb is not a home.


BY:
Amboetry
(Founder, Creative Crew Africa)
____________________________________________________________


Ude Ibiam Ufiem (known with the pen name Amboetry) is a creative writer, essayist, memorist and poet. His works have been published online, in magazines and dailies. Founder and director of CREATIVE CREW AFRICA. His words, “Am a mad man seeking the rules of sanity in creativity”. He is also a member of ANA Anambra State Chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment