Saturday 1 October 2016

9JA @ 56

LIFE IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM


'God bless you!' Those are the words we hear daily.
From the mouths of young and old.
We smile and greet and embrace one another.
Yet, love is far from our hearts.

The begging eyes on Agege road.
The embittered faces in Idumota.
The dejected appearance of a little kid.
The poverty-stricken faces of old men and women.
Remind us that God is far from our hearts

Muhammadu spends his days in bliss.
Because he has enough to spend.
Ibrahim is blessed with misfortune.
Continuously living in sorrow and grief.
But no one has ever stood up for him.

When I go out, I cry daily within.
I do not cry for myself but for others.
The troubles and pains they go through.
I wish I could help as many as possible.

But I'm only human.
With my own troubles too.

Nigeria can be great again.
If you see me as you and I see you as me.
There can be plenty for us all.
We can live in harmony and love.
When we do unto others what we would like others do unto us.


BY:
Sylvanus Omoniyi.
CEO - HavillahCity
________________________________________________________________________________


Sylvanus Omoniyi is a broadcaster, a socialite, an explorer, a creative writer and a brand and project management consultant. He is the CEO of HavillahCity, a brand dedicated to the global promotion of Arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment