Saturday 1 October 2016

9JA @ 56

I sent a eulogy through my ink.
For the maiden in silver and green.
But it was drowned by emotions.

The elegant woman of Africa.
As beautiful as a mammy watta.
Please hold my shivering hands.
And quench my bleeding heart.

The East sun is asleep.
The North wind clammed up.
Remote echoes of crickets produced songs of sorrow.
We have swallowed morsels of pain.
Tears flew like well of flowing grub.

I can hear the drum beat of disunity in many hearts.
My eyes cooked a salty soup for my cheeks.
Dear mother I pledge to share your pain.
And rejoice when you rejoice.

I shall travel through the imaginary world.
In search of the Alien that blinded you with philtre.
And made you gulp a cup of acid.
Oh maiden in silver and green.

In weariness you fought to shelter me.
At the old age of your life.
You produced children and fed all.
I shall walk through the aisle.
With my litany to the altar.
And I shall rejoice when your sanity is fully restored.


BY:

Okafor Christabel
(Member, Creative Crew Africa)
_____________________________________________________________

Okafor Christabel is a motivational speaker, writer, poet and a novelist. She has touched many lives with her works on social media (where she has vowed to transform many souls) reaching out for one goal: Good. She is also a pillar of Creative Crew Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment